?'s on Disc 1/Thirty Years...

Was relistening to the first disc of 30 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B today, and
it brought up a few questions I've been meaning to ask.

1.  Where can I find a list of all Who alternate versions, e.g., "I'm A
Boy", "Substitute", etc.?

2.  Are there any Who songs from 1964-1978 that Keith DIDN'T play on?  I
don't mean the obvious such as "Music Must Change" and "Sunrise", but
tracks where the group used another drummer.  I can't think of any
offhand.

3.  Was Pete inspired to write "A Legal Matter" after hearing the
Stones' song "The Last Time"?  The two have always sounded *very*
similar to me.  Try singing "A Legal Matter" the next time you hear "The
Last Time", or vice versa.  They fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
Even the first lines are almost the same.  "I told you once, I told you
twice...."  "I told you why I changed my mind..."  Anyone know?

Guess that's it for now, although Disc 2 may bring up more questions.
<g>

--Carolyn
"This could be the last time, I don't know"