No Subject

POSTWAR

After two hours and twenty The Who finally leave for good.  The lights come up
and the place looks wrecked.  There are spilled beer and beer bottles
everywhere. Following is a mad rush to get posters and t-shirts which are
stupidly being sold by one person at the edge of the now completely swamped
coatcheck.  Afterwards I hear that there's going to be a get together in a half
hour at the HOB hotel bar once everyone has taken their Who booty back to their
rooms.  I walk back to my hotel three blocks away and it's a little scary that
late at night so, when I'm inside, I just decide to crash.

PETE CRIES WOLF AGAIN

The next day I stop in a bargain bookstore where I hear a familiar voice coming
out of the radio.  It's Pete being interviewed on WXRT.  When the DJ asks if
these shows will lead to a tour, Pete says that he has no intention of ever
touring again.  That part of his life is over.  Faintly from outside, you could
hear everyone in Chicago going "yeah right!"