top Quad, demos, and LC question

You all were discussing the "Rock Classix" Quad+ demos discs; to me the best
thing about them is the sound quality of the Quad show, taken from FM
broadcast.  It also has good encores (inclu. Naked Eye, acoustic WGFA,
Substitute).  On the downside, that show was early in July 96 before the
Quad tour so Pete does not play alot of electric.  The demos are good, but
more as a historical document - they don't quite rock like some of the scoop
demos (BBE, Mary, Bargain, etc).
    That being said, if you want a good Quad show, keep your eyes open for
"Taking the Magic Bus to Nissan" two discs from Aug. 8,1997 show.  I saw
this show
from tenth row and it was awesome, the band was much tighter than shows
early on the tour. Pete strapped on the red electric guitar and wailed  from
5:15 on!  then a really great set of encores, includ. a scorching Magic Bus
with Pete burning on electric and both he and Rog singing.  I happen to know
that this was an audience DAT recording but it has the best sound of any
non-soundboard boot I've ever heard (and better
than many soundboard ones!).

What are some other Quads worth looking for?

Finally, the interview with Pete on www.petetownshend.co.uk is most
illuminating, not the least for which he identifies Baba O'Reilly as the
pivotal song in Lifehouse.  And the clip of its demo sounds just great!
Makes me want to cry that Peter Gallagher is going to sing it on
Broadway......  my question for Matt and Pete, though, WHY is the concert at
Young Vic 1971 NOT going to be included on Lifehouse Chronicles?

Ken in Md

"I get my back into my living"