RE: To stand or not to stand, that is the question.

> Hi
> In Britain at gigs and concerts everyone normally goes mad.  It is quite a
> lot of movement on support acts but then you brace yourself for the main
> ones as everyone surges forward and starts jumping and dancing etc..  If
> you have a drink in your hand it is usually lost in the first 30
> seconds!!!!  It seems really tame to have people just sat there.  How do
> they do it???!!!!
> Emma

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  People, people, people!  It all depend on where
you are and what seats you have.  If you're on the floor, then I'd say FUCK
YOU to those who try and get you to sit. You would never hear the request
anyway.   If you're off to the side and further away, then sitting is not
uncommon.  As far as location, I've seen the oooo in DC and thought the
crowd was a bunch of old farts  who didn't understand and actually thought
it was funny seeing the Who (mind you I am a native DC'er). I saw them 3
days later in Philly., and man what a difference.  Rowdy, loud, on their
feet!  If you ever get a chance to see The Who in Philly, DO IT!!  WMMR is
also by far the best radio station I have ever heard, and they are huge,
HUGE fans of The Who.  Pete is also a big fan of WMMR (Philly).  When ever
I'm traveling home to DC from up here in Green Mountain land, I tune into
WMMR asap. As far as difference between England and the US, I recently read
an article by a critic from England who was "becoming increasingly critical
of The Who until I saw them in the US".  He went on to write that the US
fans were much more energetic than in England, and that it made for a much
better exchange between band and fan.
	Hey, I didn't write it!!!!!   Had any good crack lately?  (love that
expression!)
	  By the way, good luck Sunday Eagles, you're going to need it
(well, maybe not).
	Also by the way, our buddy at Spin Mag. supposedly wrote a reply to
me and posted it on "e-postal" at the Spinmag web site.  I can't find it.
He promised he'd send it to me.  We'll see.

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in VT.