Re: This Last Weekend

 bwradley@earthlink.net writes:

<< 1.   Todd:  They have these places called Hotels and Motels, where you pay
 some money and in return you get a bed and a place to take a bath, instead
 of driving 4 1/2 hours to Chico in the middle of the night, and risk killing
 yourself, not to mention other people, by falling asleep at the wheel.  Or
 were you banned from every Holiday Inn in the world for some unspeakable
 act?? >>

You know, getting to the hotel at 2am would've been a total waste, because I
had to be back in the Queen city of Butte County in time for my kids'
Halloween.  Besides, I drank lotsa coffee.  As for the unspeakable act...

RE: Brian Wilson.  I know about his history of severe depression, but is
there more to the story?  I don't mean to be cruel, but it honestly appeared
that he's had a few strokes.  I was sitting up on the lawn with some friends
during his set, and there were several people around us who asked the same
thing; "Did he have a stroke?"  Again, I'm not piling on, but it was really
sad.  Admirable?  Yes.  But I had no idea he was in that kind of shape.

As for PJ's set, while enjoyable, it was WAY too short.  Scarcely half an
hour.  Puting Neil Young and Tom Waits back-to-back was a big mistake.  They
were both so sluggish...it took a lot of energy out of the evening at that
late hour.  Ah well...The Who was worth the wait.

ChicoTodd