Whofest: Myrtle Beach Update

Hi Everyone,For those who came in late and new to the list. Some
of the people on this list and a few others will be meeting up
this summer for a bit of a Whofest. 16th-23rd August 1999. It will
be a rather small/casual affair/laid back and spontaneous instead
of the Who conventions of the past. Also it's FREE ! No tickets
to buy etc.. You come and stay as long as you like during the
weeklong event. (this is what most people wanted anyway,those
who were interested)
                   There are many places to stay, we don't know
what your individual tastes or desires maybe,or what your pockets
can afford but we have looked at a number of places and found
two motels which appear to quite nice and economically reasonable
for that time of year.they are:
1. The Anderson Inn. 2600 N. Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach Sc 29577
Toll free from the US and Canada 1-800-437-7376. It's right on
the ocean and rooms start from $39 per day on up.
2. Beruda Sands. 104 North Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach SC 29577
Toll free from the US and Canada 1-800-448 8477.
Also oceanfront with rooms starting at $35 per day on up.
We reccomend that most people coming to the event perhaps try to
stay at either one if you care to. They have been personally
checked out by Mark and I trust his judgement !
       There will be opportunities to vist the Baba center,
buy/sell/ trade Who music and memorabilia and check out the
local live band scene and nightlife as well as talk WHO,WHO,
WHO,WHO. So if you still don't know what to do this summer and
would like to meet some of the faces behind the names and others
as well as have a bit of a holiday, why not come on down ? Or up
depending where you're coming from . It's FREE, It's summer and
it's all about THe Oo' ! And Everybody is welcome. For more info,
you can contact Mark or yours truly. Regards,
   Derick.