Re: Business

> > Pete said Roger told him that he lost 1 million pounds of his own money
>on the tour.  That sounds excessive but I'm still sure he lost a bundle and
>that may be why the tour was cut short. >
>Wasn't Roger's main reason for touring that he wanted to keep his voice in
>shape (for the Quad tours)?

At that time, he had no idea that the Quad tours were coming up.  Actually
I'm under the impression that this tour set up Quad.  He did some songs from
it that hadn't been heard for a while.

>Pete probably is in a position at this point where he almost doesn't care
>about the money.  He and the others made a bundle on the '89 tour, but I
>think the REALLY big payoff for him has been Tommy on Broadway.

I was kind of under the impression that he was doing that in part to get the
music scored for orthestra and entrenched into a traditional system, but I
guess it would pay well.  Any idea how much a successful Broadway show would
make for the author?

keets