Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #123

>Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:23:33 -0400
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Life without Keith
>
>> I herd a triva question on the local classic rock station today:
>> "What was the Who's first album with out Kieth Moon?"
>
>Depends on how you look at it. TKAA soundtrack was the first album after he
>died, although he was playing on the songs themselves (but the band was
>certainly "without Keith Moon" at this point). The QUAD soundtrack
>followed, which contains three "new" songs which may or may not have Kenny
>Jones on them (I believe they do) instead of Keith, so that might also
>qualify. FD was next.

I get the feeling that this is far too learned an anxwer, that FD was
probably what they were looking for (or at least expecting).

>Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:59:30 PDT
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Roger
>
>May have said enough to be in trouble for contempt of court.

Say what?  Details, please?

>>From: William Spencer Watson <wswatson@indiana.edu>
>>To: thewho@igtc.com
>>Subject: Re: Roger
>>Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:35:17 -0500 (EST)
>>
>>On Wed, 19 May 1999, Tom Connor wrote:
>>
>> > He didn't say too much, laughed a lot and made a couple of jokes. He was
>> > still the best on the show though (but then I am biased). I couldn't
>> > believe that he is 55, he could pass for 35!

>>He sure didn't say much--he said the least of anyone on the show.
>>
>>Bill

>Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:00:04 +0100
>From: "Sanderson, Jay" <JSanderson@london.att.com>
>Subject: The Who -- Books
>
>	I just bought "Dear Boy - The life of Keith Moon", just
>wondering if anyone has read it, and if they thought it was any good,
>also what other books are out there?

Dear Boy is must reading for serious Who fans.  In its way, it's the best
thing ever written about The Who or related subjects.  You also must get
the definitive show reference, "The Who -- The Concert File".  Ed Hanel's
discography was a Bible in its day and still has a lot of useful
information.  "Before I Get Old" is enjoyable reading but has errors in it
and stumbles in its very short treatment of the post-Keith Who.  Barnes'
"Maximum R&B" is a very good insider's look at the band (and the 1982
edition comes with a flexidisk of Pete's "Pinball Wizard" demo).  Horse's
Neck is interesting reading but is fiction by Pete, not about The Who.

Alan