Rockers, Jazzbos and Visionaries

On Earth Day (April 22 for you air-conditioned gypsies who don't care about
pollution), the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a local-journalist-makes-good
story about a guy named Bill Milkowski, whose book of 30 interviews has been
published by Billboard.  A couple paragraphs from the MJS article stood out:

Although there are a number of high-profile rockers in his book, Milkowski
admits that rock no longer excites him the way it once did.
"Maybe it's just that I've become jaded, but I'll see a new act and think,
'I saw The Who do that 20 years ago.'  I felt that same way about Prince.  I
remember thinking, 'This guy is very clever,' but I don't get it in the same
way I felt when I saw (Jimi) Hendrix.  When you see something getting
recycled again and again, it loses interest.  To me, it's just like the
Blues Brothers and Sam and Dave," he says.

Among the 30 interviews--none with women--the article lists Robert Fripp,
Les Paul, Wynton Marsalis, Keith Richards, Frank Zappa, Carlos Santana,
Stevie Ray Vaughn, and "mutant genius" John Zorn.