RE: After The Fire

Regarding "After The Fire".  I can make out where he may be trying to relate a life of living in luxury to what was going on in Africa at the time he wrote it, and I suppose to some extent maybe the "Matt Dillon" in black and white reference was to "Gunsmoke".  I want to think that he was referring to his childhood and being able to have a house, clothes, food, etc......But the part that makes me crazy is the
"brothers Harley across the TV" part. Now I think of Matt Dillon the actor from today, who has a younger brother, (the one in the Doors movie).  But, obviously that wouldn't apply to Townshend, being he was like 40 when the Dillons of today were like maybe 15 and 20 at the time of that writing.  And of course the Dom Deluise reference has me totally wired...so.......regarding what I know about Pete from a fans
standpoint, I have come to the conclusion that Pete didn't really write this with confusion or analysis in mind, but simply wrote some lyrics that seemed to associate themselves with "Home Sweet Home" theory, compared to living in Africa, and simply thought of some quick rhymes......

I am pretty sure I read that the Matt Dillon reference was to "GunSmoke". I could be wrong. Please correct if I am.

.......Well....haven't analyzed in a while......that was interesting....