A Beatle moment

> Its sad that sgt peppers had no remnants of whether it was going to be a
> concept album.(unlike our guy peter townshend,who had plenty of songs
that
> were going to be lifehouse.)

Gomper:

Two of the first three songs recorded were Penny Lane and Strawberry
Fields, both of which referred back to their childhood. As I'm sure you
know, they were released as a single rather than included on the LP...and
eventually ended up on MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR.
However, there was talk of a SPLHCB boxed set, which I've recently been
told consisted of the mono mixes, set to be released last Xmas but aborted
at the last minute. Those songs alone would NOT have been enough for an
entire set, though...so perhaps there ARE some other songs? None have yet
appeared on bootlegs, although many of the Yellow Submarine soundtrack
songs were recorded during this period and there is some 15 minute
experimental song (according to McCartney) that has yet to see the light of
day. So who knows?