Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #66

Who Travels Part 9
When I got back to town I found out that a man name Bob Heil had done the
sound for the  Who concert at my college.  He has a sound company called Heil
Sound in Marissa, Illinois and a lot of the local bands used his equipment
even though he wasn't the best liked person in the world.  The rumour was that
the group liked the sound so much that they decided to use him for their
equipment manager for the upcoming tour that started that Spring of '72.  I
had been in his music store several times before with friends of mine and was
introduced to him.  He would keep me informed of the Spring tour dates and one
day he called to ask me to go to lunch with Wiggy (John Wolfe) and Bob Pridden
who had made the trip over to go over the details of tour.
I was still a  poor art student so I picked out Memphis as the "out of town"
city to travel to since it was only about a four hour drive away.  My
girlfriend was going to Northwestern and wouldn't be able to go with me on
this adventure so I asked a close friend of mine, Mark, to go with me.  Mark
and I drove '64 Chevy Novas and we decided to take his on this trip since his
was in slightly better condition than mine.
We made it to Holiday Inn located by the river in Memphis the morning of the
concert.  I remember that it rained all the way there and continued to do so
throughout the night.  After checking into our room  Bob Heil called my room
and wanted to know if I wanted to come down to the room where he, Roger and a
few others were at...so he didn't have to ask me twice!LOL  I remember exactly
what I had on that day too!  A tight fitting sweater that zipped up the front
and a pair of bellbottom jeans!
To Be Continued......