Brian, LBird, Susan, Quad Sndtrk

'Ello, 'ello:

Brian:
>I was bored so I figured that I would let you all know some of the nuances
about
>songs, ownership and the law.
    Thanks dude, much appreciated. The international copyright laws have
been through some changes in the last couple years though; i recently read
an article that explained how the changes favor businesses wanting to use
songs in ads. Most (if not all) of what you wrote is still valid though, i
believe.

 L. Bird:
  Yes, i do remember hearing that about 'Who Are You', now that you mention
it. But i don't think ALL the songs were written with "Lifehouse" in mind.
For example, "905" is an excellent song, (Most underrated Who song ever
someone here wrote recently, can't disagree although "Dangerous" is a close
second) but if it was intended as a "Lifehouse" track it changes the
storyline. The world is overpopulated and people are being shoved into
virtual life, so why would the government be cloning people? It's possible,
but i'd like to hear the explanation. "Faith In Something Bigger", according
to Odds&Sods liner notes, was written long before "Lifehouse" idea, and Pete
thinks its a dumb song, obvious and trite... themeatically it fits, though.
i just doubt it'd be on the album. Most of the other songs seem to fit...
particularly "New Song","Music Must Change", "Who Are You" and "Had Enough".
Anyone got an opinion on these suggestions?

New Song
Had Enough
Sister Disco
Music Must Change
Love is Coming Down
Who Are You
Imagine A Man
Faith in Something Bigger
One Life's Enough

and possibly:
Trick of the Light
Guitar and Pen
905

Susan:
   Welcome to the mail list!
>I say that unless you willing to be at each and every Who & Who solo show and
>in the very first row center, you are _not_ a true fan. You have no idea how
>many people I've pushed and shoved and cut in line so that _I_ could be first!

   Oh, that was YOU.  i'm the guy that stood behind you, being to nice to
shove you out my way. i must not be a TRUE fan.

> PEEEEEEEETE ARE YOU ON THIS
>LIST??? It's MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    If Pete were on this list, we might have a lot more answers to some of
our speculations. i get the impression that if there was a list like this
devoted to you, you would find it embarassing, boring, filled with stuff
that angered you like lies about personal life, and filled with stuff that
confused you like silly, incorrect interpretations of your work. i think, on
THIS list, and even more so on the O&S list, that Pete would have to spend
all day every day arguing with people.If i were him i'd think it was a big
waste of time. Fun for us, though.

>Anyway, anyhow, anywhere, I recently lost my pet poodle and I'm heartbroken!

   You're going to get picked on for this. Fair warning: poodles are
inherently funny. My condolences, however. i, too, have a pet poodle, and
annoying as poodles are, i love the little guy.

>I'm getting close to sixty (I'm very young at heart!)

   i guess that answers Keets' comment about Who fans over fifty. i was
going to say most people over fifty don't like computers, never were trained
to use them, etc. but things is changin', and new computers are much easier
to operate than the computers of the eighties (remember those, anyone?)

                                      peace&anarchy,  jeffree

Tip for today:
 If you don't own the "Quadrophenia" motion picture soundtrack, it's worth
seeking out for three Who songs that don't appear elsewhere (that i know
of): "Joker James", "Get Out and Stay Out" and "Four Faces". All excellent
additions to QUAD. Also the stuff from QUAD is remixed, for example: "The
Real Me" has a ending rather than going into "quadrophenia" and there are
some strings added to "Love Reign Oer Me".   Sorry to point out the obvious
to you TRUE Who fans, but alot of newcomers to the band probably don't have
the "Quad" soundtrack.