Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #61

Travels With The Who...Part 7
Wow..was I ever nervous..I had such a crush on him!  All I can remember now is
sitting next to Roger on the couch wondering what next? I was pretty naive and
inexperienced and to have this gorgeous rock star next to me with just a hotel
towel wrapped around his waist and that cross (which at that time was his
trademark) dangling down on his chest....I tried to think of something to
say...so I do remember telling him that I saw The Who perform for the first
time as a back up to Herman's Hermits and he told me that they also played
with Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels.  We chatted about some other things
and the well you know what happened next.  Later, I went back to John's room
and he commented on me being a wonderer....he had to know what I was up to.
The third and last day in Chicago..John said that I would have to be gone for
a while because Joe Walsh and a couple of others from the band were going to
drop by..that one of the member's wives were going to be there and she was
friends with his wife so it wouldn't be good for me to be around.  I might
have been 18 and naive, but couldn't help but think that because of my
disappearing act the night before he might have been a little upset with me
too.  Looking back, I just think how many stupid things I did and if I would
have been older I would have gotten so much more out of the opportunities I
had.
That night we went to the concert and it was awesome as usual.  The band
checked out early the next day and I remember that Pete had to come back
because he had gotten kicked off the plane for being too intoxicated.  They
had gone out after their concert the night before with the James Gang and
partied  all night.
When I flew home the next day there was an urgent message from my father to
call him as soon as I could.  Did I ever dread making that call.
To Be Continued.......
(Who fans that are on the Who digest list have already read Travels 1-5)