Re: Who Are Gateway?

KGT2594@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/8/99 1:12:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, jdworks@execpc.com
> writes:
>
> << Gateway is using "Who Are You" in one of their commercials,
>
> Ummm...don't you think PT's getting paid handsomely for this?  [snip] It keeps
> the music in front of
> the public, and it's a lot more pleasant to listen to than any other
> commercial I can think of.

Except that every time I hear "Start Me Up" I think of Windows '95, rather than
the Stones.  When I hear "409:" I think of spray cleaner instead of the Beach Boys
or Jan & Dean.  When I hear "Mack the Knife" I think of McDonald's.  And above all
else, I think of a society that puts earning a dollar above any other morality.
It's been said many times here lately that we vote with our dollars... that's
true, and like the original poster of this thread, it saddens me that our system
is no longer making the world a better place.  Just like "Won't Get Fooled Again"
warns us.

But, that said, I do get a little adrenaline surge when I hear the chords of my
forgotten favorites being played in a mainstream medium.  Just like ChicoTodd's
wife.

Long Live Rock!

Howard P.