Re: Disco SUCKS

> He wrote a two-page article about the resurgence of disco for an issue of
> LIFE magazine in July 1998, defending it and arguing its good side.

Alan wrote:

"Good side?" I can't imagine what possible justification there could be for
it...I mean, next he'll be arguing how much The Monkees and The Archies and
Milli Vanilli contributed to music.

  The "good side" to disco is its lack of pretensions.  It's nothing more than dance music, like rock n roll in its early days.  Both had a sole purpose:  to get your feet tapping.  that's what disco has been doing for the past 20+ years.  As rock difted into subgenres and different sounds, it lost most of the "Good Golly Miss Molly" dancebility (is that a word?)  Disco filled that void.  That is the good side of disco.

                           Dave

---
Be kind, be real, or get out of my face
                              -- Pete Townshend