Re: Blues plate special

> Hmmm.  I'd say "Mirror, Mirror" qualifies hands down.  It's got the
> traditional beat and the sound both.

Keets:

It may be that you're putting too much emphasis on the beat. Rock has used
every imaginable beat, so would that not disqualify the beat as a method of
detection? I would say so.
Mirror Mirror is a ballad, is it not?

> You can hear that it's more laid back than the rest of the album.

Being Blues (or Rock) has nothing to do with being upbeat or laid back.

> I'd qualify "Blues Man's Road" as contemporary blues because of the
sound.

It's about Blues, but it's not Blues. It just doesn't have the Blues feel.