Re: Script, please!, Disco sucks, Pete speaks, Blues plate special

>AND in the US, sad to say: I sell it all of the time, and there are
Disco clubs here too. Haven't you noticed the sudden rush of movies
about Studio 54?
>>None whatsoever. It's great music for strip clubs, or so the DJs that
come in here tell me...

Aha.  I've not been going to the right clubs.

>> John shows up pretty well in the Thirty Years video--very
comfortable,

>Yeah...wonder how many takes he got...

More like how many drinks.  Looked like one take. <grin>

>> doing lately?  Do you think "Rocks in the Head" is blues or rock?
>
>Rock, of course. No Blues on it at all.

Hmmm.  I'd say "Mirror, Mirror" qualifies hands down.  It's got the
traditional beat and the sound both.  You can hear that it's more laid
back than the rest of the album.  I'd qualify "Blues Man's Road" as
contemporary blues because of the sound.  The rest I might agree with
you, but why do you consider these two as rock?

keets