So much for my silence.

Am I the only one here who just loves Rob in Cincy to death?  All I
can say to you is you'd better be careful what you say or you might be
a recipient of the Holy Hand Grenade.  Am I correct, Mr. Mangrove?
After all, here you are quoting the Book of Armaments whereupon St.
Attilla received his Holy Orders.  ...in thy mercy.

>Rob in Cincy
>
>"That with it thou mayst blow thy enemies to tiny bits."

Amen.

>> He's harping on "recycling trash" again.  I got no problem with
it.

>Yeah, but while harping on it he's actually doing it. A joke which
didn't
>work, IMHO.
>mark

Mark, Mark, Mark.  I could be off here, but methinks the great Mr.
Townshend wasn't attempting a joke.  Perhaps one should take the
lyrics literally.  IMHO, he knows he was recycling trash.  That's why
he's pissed off at himself, The Who, and Rock music in general.  You
recall the famous "WAY" song-story.  When Pete met his Punk
counterparts, he was complaining in a drunken rage ("I remember
throwin' punches around and preachin' from my chair...") that Rock/The
Who were finished.  To him, they became the "caberet act" that he so
deperately wanted to avoid.  His feelings are directly related in New
Song, just like they are in How Ever Much I Booze and They Are All In
Love, and so on, and so on, and so on....

>> 2.  Had Enough:  Several great Moon rolls, and Daltrey's voice
>>make
>> the song.
>
>YIKES! Daltrey's voice is hoarse for the very first (recorded) time
in >this
>song!!! A sign of things to come, unfortunately.

Again, I could be way off, but Had Enough is not a bleedin' ballad.
If the vocals in this song didn't have a mean edge to it, it would
lose it's effectiveness.  Could you imagine Jon Anderson from Yes
singing it?  Sorry, I think that The Rog sang that song the only way
it could/should be sung - mean and nasty, as only he could do it.

>If any of
>you have listed to "The Lamb," you know the story is about as way
out >as
>you can get. To see any clear reference to King Lear or anything
else >is
>difficult. Anyways - this may clue somebody else in to a solution to
>Rael
>or simply muddy the waters. However - Gabriel and Townshend are >the
only
>ones I have ever seen using this word.
>
>Nostems

Nostems:  Very interesting.  I'm a big fan of Gabriel's Genesis and
post PG up until Abacab.  I never heard of the Lear/Rael dichotomy
before, but it sure sounds cool.  Thanks for the insight; I think it's
time to give the Lamb a listen again.

And the very best of weekends to all of you.  Do what you feel and
keep both feet on the wheel.  You don't have to go home, but you can't
stay here.  Until next time...

Jim in Chicago

"The simple things you see are all complicated."  PT

PS - I was listening to JAE's "Too Late the Hero" album on the way to
work this morning; I love that record more and more each time I
listen.  How are John's other solos in comparison?  Peace...