Re: lifehouse

>In the UK July edition of Record Collector there's an interview with roger
>- he talks about his upcoming uk shows and that an album of the tour is to
>follow....?
>
>when asked if he knows anything about pete resurrecting lifehouse he just
>said "oh yea,i heard something about that - good luck to him"
>which does'nt sound promising for a Who revival...

Any possibility that you might fail to notice the copyright on the article
and post it here?  Somebody posted on O&S about the kick-off BRS concert and
said they had the cd.  Repost as follows:

>Subject: BRS at the Royal Albert Hall/BRS CD first
listen/Glastonbury/Otway et al

The British leg of the BRS kicked off tonight.

Rock Band:
Zak Starkey / Drums Geoff Whitehorn / Electric Guitars
Simon Townshend / Acoustic, Electric, Backing, Lead Vocals
Jaz Lochrie / Bass
Jimmy Jewell / Keyboards

Lead vocalists:

Roger Daltrey
Alice Cooper - N. B. this Albert Hall show only
Paul Young
Darlene Love
Gary Brooker

Tracks:
(Who)  Overture + Lifehouse/Quad/PT solo - ALIE/RB -
Instrumental warm up
Is Anybody out there
Eclipse
Time
Across The Universe
Comfortably Numb (Simon+others)
Jumping Jack Flash (Peter Frampton/Del Newman arrangement)
Give Peace A Chance
Imagine
Blackbird (Simon solo vox)
Come Together
Imagine (reprise)
Kashmir
Norwegian Wood (Simon solo vox)
Another Brick In The Wall
Ruby Tuesday
Street Fightin' Man (Roger solo vox)
Start Me Up
5:15 (Alice Cooper lead vox, Roger backing vox (sic))
See Me Feel Me/Listening to You (Roger solo vox)
Whiel My Guitar Gently Weeps
Stairway To Heaven
Conquistador/Whiter Shade Of Pale (Gary Brooker)
Let It Be (mainly Roger)
You Better You Bet (Roger + Simon)
Pinball Wizard (Roger +Simon)
I Walk The Line (Roger Guitar+ vox)
Who Are You (Roger on Guitar, vox, Simon electric+vox)
Sergeant Pepper's LHCB
School's Out
A Little Help From My Friends (All guest vocalists)

The rock band sounded great. Simon in particular gave a very
strong
performance -
his acoustic (Gibson J200's, Dove) and electric, (old Tele
and a newer
one(!)),
really cut through the mix, and he handled the vocals very
well. Bust a couple
of strings, and coped with the swaps well)

Roger was excellent - the star of the vocalists, as billed -
strong, confident
performance, seemed untroubled even on other artists'
material.

Zak did a superb job throughout - particularly on the Who and
Beatles songs,
but drove the performance in general

Geoff Whitehorn - wailed away in a pleasing fashion, but
sometimes just
jammed the solos, or abbreviated them, may probably get
better as the tour
progresses. Like his playing, and his articles, no doubts
about his
capability, btw

Saw Paul Townshend and his young daughter (pictured on the
Animal Soup
CD front inlay) in the interval - his usual friendly self -
what a geezer,
quite
possibly the most pleasant bloke in Rock?

The CD:
Point Music 538 006-2 , German pressing
Produced by Ron Nevison, Keith Levenson
Mixed by Ron Nevison

Simon Townshend plays acoustic and/or electric on virtually
everything
Phil Spaulding from the STB/Animal Soup is on bass on some
tracks
Geoff Whitehorn is on most stuff too

Tracks:
1. Norwegian Wood (Paul Rodgers/Ann Wilson, of Heart fame) 2.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Nigel Kennedy)
3. Kashmir (Roger, AW)
4. Comfortably Numb (Thelma Houston)
5. Let It Be (Roger/TH)
6. Imagine/Penny Lane/Blackbird/Give Peace A Chance/Come
Together (PR)
7. Another Brick In The Wall (Eric Burdon)
8. Stairway To Heaven (AW)
9. Ruby Tuesday (TH)
10. Start Me Up/Hard Day's Night/5:15/SMFM-LTY (Alice
Cooper/Tommy Shaw)

Sounds very nice - well recorded, and well produced

The RAH concert flyer says it is released in the shops 21st
July 1999

(Anyone who hasn't bought Simon's  Animal Soup CD - stop
reading this
immediately - get out and buy a copy, what are you waiting
for? Having heard those tracks come together via live
performances over many months, it was very pleasing to see
the tracks come out sounding SO good,
some good ideas and finishing touches coming out in the
studio, too).

John Otway was at Glastonbury, plugging the lastest
invocation of his autobiography. Who mentions  -
How he almost turned down Pete Townshend as his producer on
the first album
with WWB
(John Peel asked him why;
Otway: I didn't think it'd be him Peel: Did you really think
it would be some other 'Pete Townshend' then?
Otway: Yes)

How he met up with Pete on the night which later inspired WAY
etc.