Re: Who Commercials

>Using the Who's music in tv ads and the movies can surely only be a good
>thing. With the amount of exposure the band get normally, they need all the
>help they can get to remain popular to as wide a range of people as is
>possible (especially with young people). Otherwise it would be just as easy
>to live life never actually knowing anything about the Who (except perhaps
>for My Generation).
>
>And so what if the music is used anyway? I don't think it does cheapen the
>music, in fact if anything it proves just how good the music is that
>advertising companies are sure that using the Who's music can inspire
>people to buy their products. And it can brighten up otherwise totally
>depressingly poor TV.

Maybe they're snapping it up because it's recently become available.
Pete's had a reputation of being fairly possessive, so there's likely been a
perception that the music would be unavailable, or that it would be
prohibitively expensive.  It does seem that he's loosened up some here just
lately, as the music is suddenly appearing everywhere.

keets