Who's Last

Despite what I have read time and time again on this list, I finally
thought the time was right to buy Who's Last, and I cannot believe the
sub-standard quality of it.

Can someone please put my mind at rest- did Roger's voice really sound that
strained as early as 1982? It seems unbelievable that 16 years later his
voice has actually improved as opposed to getting any worse. The whole
album is so badly recorded too- not a patch on the live tracks on Face
Dances and It's Hard from around the same time. I simply can't explain how
a band of the Who's stature could release this as their farewell album, as
though none of them actually cared at all for the band, and all it
achieved.

Oh well,
Tom