No Subject

07/29/99 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL (Ed with Pete Townshend)
attendance:600-700, not filled to capacity
set: Pete solo: Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, Drowned, Cut My
Hair, Slit Skirts (started but not finished due to technical problems with
the piano), Let My Love Open the Door
With EV: Heart To Hang Onto, Let's See Action, Better Man, Sheraton Gibson,
Magic Bus, I'm One
notes: Yet another press/promotion showcase to promote the live album. Far
less security than New York, and anyone hanging around outside all day got
in! (YAY!) However, to quote one fan: "Biggest bunch of assholes in an
audience i've encountered. Many people talking during songs," which probably
accounts for the shortened set and no encore. Pete was in a "Pete-type mood"
initially and then loosened up when Eddie came out. After "Heart To Hang
Onto," While Pete attends to something onstage, Eddie talks about spending
the past couple days with Pete and how "I've learned new things musically and
new things as a human." He then admonishes the people in the crowd who are
talking during the songs. "The people talking between songs is driving me
fucking nuts." Pete then tells a long story about reading about himself in
the paper and Lifehouse, which is followed by "Let's See Action," which is
once again missing the last verse (as it was last night) and was excellent.
"Magic Bus" is memorable for trademark Townshend windmills; Pete really seems
to get into this one.

Wish I would have been there...

David