solo albums

Actually, I'd love to hear Roger and John both record some things in a
more laid back style.

To date, DALTREY is still the best solo album Roger has released, just
because it sounds so easy and relaxed.  Nobody's any better than RD at
injecting tension into a song--for example, what he did with the song
"Fire" on the IRON MAN album is just amazing.  But on the other hand, it
can be tiring to listen to a whole album done like that.

John can be just as tiring.  Some time I'd love to hear just the man and
his buzzard without a band cluttering things up.  Anybody notice on the
30 Years video how great he sounds playing the melody line to "Sister
Disco?"  Instrumental would be great, but he has this wonderful
atmospheric voice, too, super for some really laid back blues.

keets

>>I've always thought KJ was Pete Townshend's move toward a cooler
medium--jazz.  Rock is hot, emotional stuff, and definitely The Who's
territory before KJ.