Re: The Pretty things

I caught part of that too, on World Beat, and then saw something about
it on another list.  Looks like the Pretty Things are an old British
group reforming for a tour, and somebody (their manager?) said they were
the actual inventors of the concept album, the rock opera and the rock
and roll lifestyle.  Said Pete Townshend had stolen the idea for TOMMY
from them.  Anybody ever hear of them before?

keets

>From: "Robert VanBuskirk" <vankirk@ix.netcom.com>
>To: <thewho@igtc.com>
>Subject: The Pretty things
>Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:56:22 -0500
>
>Hey Friends!
>
>During a little channel surfing last night, I caught the tail end of a
piece
>(a piece of tail?) on an old band called "The Pretty Things" and some
>supposed influence on our boys. Sorry I didn't see it all (that's what
I get