That taboo subject

Brian in Atlanta wrote:

> "It's about homsexuality...an acknowledgment
> of the fact that I'd had a gay life and that
> I understood what gay sex was about; it was
> not about faggery at all.  It was about
> violence in a lot of senses."... [edit] So for
> my money I'd have to say Pete is straight
> with occassional experimentation.

I'd have to say you're right-on there, Brian.  At least I agree with you.

As I've said before, I think this issue can bring insight into the music
(especially the songs you mentioned).

But I've also thought about whoever had said, earlier in this thread,
"Who cares?"

I guess on a certain level, I agree:  Really, who gives a s**t?  If
Pete's buggered a few blokes, it really affects me not, unless I'm
shocked, or offended by such activity.  Whatever Pete's sexual
preference, ancestry, background, genetic makeup, likes and dislikes;
all of these facets add up to Pete the Songwriter/Musician/Novelist/
Artist/Man(/Woman?)... and I don't pass judgment on him for any of
those parts of him.  If I did, it really affects him not.

Now, you'll be happy to hear, I think I've said all I have to say on
this subject!  Hooray!!  Mostly I don't want to argue any more whether
it's a valid subject or not; so I hereby promise not to post anything on
this thread for at least a month.

Long Live Rock!

Howard P.