Tommy as postmodern

>With that in mind, what could be more postmodern than the original
>"Tommy"?

In grad school, a professor who knew of my Who fandom suggested that the
topic for my term paper in his course be the nonlinearity of Tommy.  It was
a fun paper to write (even though I thought most of the points I was making
were bogus), and though I sure don't get into all this "arty-farty" mumbo
jumbo these days, my hunch would be that nonlinearity and postmodernism are
kissin' cousins.  I mean, Ken Russell considered it worthy fodder for one of
his wacko movies, for Pete's sake!!

Rich