Bizarros

I had offered:

And Carolyn wrote:

>Please do!  I've never seen Seinfeld (well, except for that stupid finale),
>but I love Superman and especially the Bizarros.  Sounds like fun!

Bizarro was the imperfect result when some scientist (Lex Luthor, I think)
attempted to create a duplicate of Superman that he could control.  In the
stories that Jerry Seinfeld undoubtedly loved, Bizarro was depicted as the
dimwitted, ungrammatical OPPOSITE of Superman who lived on a cube of a
planet that in many ways was the opposite of Earth.  This planet was
populated by opposites of Superman's pals, including a "Bizarro Lois Lane"
and a "Bizarro Batman."

Seinfeld's people turned this concept on its head brilliantly by having his
friend Elaine meet three APPEALING guys who were the opposites of the three
main male characters on the show (Jerry, George, and Kramer).  The "Bizarro
Jerry" even lived in an apartment that was the mirror image of Seinfeld's.
Elaine quickly determined that hanging out with this new trio was far more
enjoyable than her old gang.  George learns about Elaine's new circle of
friends and attempts to join but Elaine says, "Sorry, but we've already got
a George."  During a group hug as the closing credits ran, the Bizarro Jerry
says "Me am so happy" which is typical of how the original Bizarro spoke.

As I warned, this doesn't have any direct link to The Who that I can think
of,  but the concept can be applied throughout the history of our favorite
band.  For example, on that fateful American tour, The Who probably struck
most meek teenyboppers as "The Bizarro Hermans Hermits."

Oliver Reed singing in "Tommy" is clearly "The Bizarro Roger Daltrey" and a
case could be made that Kenney Jones is "The Bizarro Keith Moon."  Those
Darn Accordions and Dread Zeppelin each recorded Bizarro versions of "Baba
O'Riley."

(This Digest has tended to be under 20KB lately, so I hope most people don't
mind this tangent...)

Rich