Re: Pete and Bette

Rene,

>Actually, yesterday I zapped and caught 5 seconds of Pete on VH1,
>immediately followed by Bette M. and "famous" people commenting on
the
>phenomenon Bette M.  So I was wondering, what has Pete to do with
Bette???

There is actually a connection between Pete and Bette.  Pete wrote
two songs, "And I Moved" and "You're So Clever" for Bette after
hearing that she liked his work.  Neither song ever made it to
Bette's ears, as they were both rejected by her management.  Pete
ended up putting "And I Moved" on his "Empty Glass" album, and the
demo for "You're So Clever" appears on "Scoop".  I believe that Pete
has said "And I Moved" was rejected because it was "too smutty",
although Bette's people specifically asked him to make any songs he
wrote for her "a bit dirty".  Sometimes you just can't win!

 -Yellow "Two shows and a matinee" Ledbetter