Re: isle of wight

Kentthe1@aol.com wrote:

> A new Borders Books and Music openend in town recently and I was browsing
> there and low and behold what do they have in stock: Listening to You: The Who
> in Concert at the Isle of Wight video.
> Well, of course I snatched it up.
> But I'm  a little bit disaapointed. It is cut to hell and back. I mean they
> just snipped the middle of songs left and right. I mean it's better than
> nothing, for all I had before was the little snippets on the Isle of Wight
> Movie, Message of Love.
> Oh well, I guess I need to watch it again. But I was pretty disappointed.
>
> P.S.
> I think I read that Magic Bus was recorded in 1966 but not released until
> 1968. Can any of you scholars out there confirm this and provide a source of
> confirmation?
>
> Kentavo in Augusta

I agree!!! It's a shame whoever released the video would think true Who
fans(which are obviously the
majority of people who would buy the video) would prefer to have a
cut-up, shortened version of
it with bad editing.  I personally would rather see Pete standing on
stage picking his nose than
have some overly creative editor adding a windmill or two where they
don't belong.  But at the same
time, for many years all I knew about the Isle of Wight concert in 1970
is that it was (supposedly)
one of The Who's best shows so I can't really complain.  I've had a
booleg of the video for over a year
and bought the DVD version last month, and for all it's editing
weaknesses I still love watching it.