Pete the thief and other super villians

> According to Pete, he stole a riff from the Rolling Stones when he wrote
> "Substitute".  What Stones song did Pete "steal" the riff from?

Jim:

As I recall, it was 19th Nervous Breakdown. Although it doesn't sound much
like it to me. I also believe Pete said he was playing the riff backwards,
although perhaps a REAL guitarist could verify or otherwise clear this up.

> I want to thank the two of you most sincerely more some very hearty
> laughter!   : D

Rich:

Glad to have done my part. Figured there were a few Superman fans out there.