Questions About Interpreting Rael 1&2

Rael 1&2 are a couple of songs that I've conjured up
ideas and mental pictures of what they mean but
only because I don't think I've fully understood what
was being said or trying to be said.

This is kind of what I think I know and what I think
I want to know:

- The Red Chins are the Communist Chinese

- What is Rael (besides Pamela's daughter)?  Is it
  a country, city, town, state of mind?

- Where is Rael?  Does it supposed to be along the
  Chinese boarder?

- What religion is Rael the home of (other than 'my')?

- 'I'll homeward sail' - Where might that be?

- Why is Christmas 'the' day for the Captain to return?

- Is there a significance to the colors of the flags
  other than what they will mean to the Captain?

I've got it!  The narrator in the song is actually Tennille!!!

Thanx muchly,

Beau (that ole bandwidth filler) McCrury