Re: What's that lyric, anyway

keets:

>WAY was likely tough work for Roger with fifteen years of mileage on his
voice,
and it's not that stuff where you can get by with just screaming--it
required expression.  Listen to Tommy and WAY back to back and notice
how it developed.  RD's voice sounds worse now, but he can still hook
people just because he learned to do that expression bit.

I completely agree with you here, but would just like to point out that not
only can you notice a distinct change in Roger's voice from Tommy to Who Are
You, but there is a monumental gap between Tommy and Who's Next, which are
only a few years apart.  It sounded like his voice hadn't even changed when he
was singing Tommy (kind of like those boy bands that are around now), but
Who's Next just blows me away every time I listen to it.

~Samantha