Re: Who Are You, anyway

At 17:53 -0800 2/19/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:37:56 -0500
>From: "IMONE" <IMONE@prodigy.net>
>
>Wondering if it would make any difference if you knew the lyrics were "Turn
>on the radio/Love is proclaimed/Again and again and again/Join in and
>sing/Now, don't be ashamed..."

Thanks for posting that before I did.

Rhetorical question: what possessed you to post a uuencoded executable to
the list?  Can you exorcize it and never fall prey again?

Mark:  Your statement about waiting three years and being disappointed by
Who By Numbers echoed my own feelings exactly.  I remember listening to it
for the first time..."Slip Kid" was great; but I waited in vain for the
album to keep up with this promising beginning.  I wouldn't go quite so far
as to say I was *extremely* disappointed, but only because I still had Quad
& Tommy.  Now if the release of a lesser album somehow magically caused a
better, preceding album to vanish off the face of the earth, then, YEAH, I
would have been extremely disappointed :-).

After Quad, John's songs were the ones that reliably and gloriously rocked.
Pete showed that he could do it if he wanted to, but went off onto other
things too much for my optimum enjoyment.  It's...it's almost as if he
didn't give a monkey's about my opinion :-).

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)