Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #39

My Travels With The Who..Part 2
The last episode ended with the outdoor concert at my college (where 50,000
people attended) then we were on our way to the Holiday Inn...just a couple of
miles away. As soon as my girlfriend and I arrived we were greeted by Keith,
John and Pete.  They were celebrating the success of the concert and it
reminded them of playing at Woodstock.  I was very intrigued while I watched
their wild antics.  I was 18, an art student,  and being from a rather
conservative, Midwestern town, they had my undivided attention!   I kept
getting flashbacks from the last time I saw them in concert when they played
before Herman's Hermits and totally freaked everyone out.
Anyway, the next thing I knew Pete and John took a hold of my hands and my
feet and started playing tug of war with me!  (Remember I was only 18, very
shy and still pretty naive).  I ended up spending the night with John and then
about 4 AM Keith called us saying he was on his way down.  Well...he was in
his usual form....the words that came from his mouth was like a script from a
Monty Python sketch.  The translation was that he wanted to know if I would be
interested in going to Chicago with them for three days.  My girlfriend, Linda
had already been invited.  Of course we said yes!  They were playing at a
small theater for three concerts.  The limo was leaving at 7 AM for the
airport so we had to get our stuff together fast!  I was excited and nervous
about going out of town with these loonies but the artist in me couldn't say
no...I couldn't pass up an adventure like this.  Looking back it was like I
was a character in a comic book series.
To Be Continued
Well..gotta go.  I know that there will be some fans out there that will be
reading this and thinking this is boring but I thought these 'Travel' episodes
would be a nice diversion for the Who fan like me that is getting a little
bored with some of the serious stuff that is on here so frequently.  Also, I'm
sure there will be people who are very judgemental but back in those days
there was much more sexual freedom  than there is now.