Re: Lisztomania soundtrack

Keets wrote of the soundtrack to Lisztomania:
> So what's it like?  Give us a review.

There are 12 tracks, of which RD appears on 4:
  Love's Dream
  Orpheus Song
  Funerailles
  Peace At Last.

The other 8 tracks mostly consist of ex-YES keyboard maestro-wannabe Rick
Wakeman abusing synthesizers. They are pompous and execrable - not what I
would normally listen to for pleasure.

RD's tracks are heavily orchestrated, but mercifully piano is the dominant
backing instrument on 2 of these, rather than the obnoxious synth. They are
still pretty cheesy.

Verdict: tolerable if one listens only to the RD tracks - I'm being generous
here. Avoid the synth-wanking instrumentals. For completists only.

Now I'm going to have to clean my ears out with a good dose of chaos 'n'
feedback. Swansea '76 (my 2nd 'Oo show) ought to do it.