The Who on DVD

I got the DVD of The Who at the Isle Of Wight yesterday (Best Buy, for
$19.99). And the picture quality is as one would expect, great. The sound
quality has been reported as better than the CD, and I didn't notice it
however I do play them on different systems. My surround sound system for
videos is the mono rear channel version, and to hear the show properly I
had to set the center channel volume lower. My only other complaint is the
same for the videotape version: they hack the TOMMY section to death! Even
Overture is cut up, for no apparent reason. Forget that they left out a
bunch of songs; they edited songs like Eyesight and I'm Free...all but
ruining them, at least for me. And, too, they took T out of its proper
place in the set and put all of the other songs (those which are included,
that is) before it. Again, for no apparent reason.
However, it's a great performance as The Who are a great live band, and
here they are in their prime. It does include a bit of humorous dialogue
not on the CD version. So all of you should get it, even if you don't have
a DVD player. You probably will, eventually, and by then it may be out of
print...and you should support the release of (hopefully) future Who
releases on DVD, like TKAA, Tommy, and Quad.