Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #33

I have been on The Who's mailing list for a while now and I can't help
thinking how silly it is for everyone to be analyzing to such a great extent
the underlying meanings of many of their lyrics.  What I say to myself every
time I read one of these letters is the members of the Who would be
saying....don't these people have anything better to do?
I have been a fan of The Who since the mid 60's when I first saw them with
Herman's Hermits.  I guess you could say I was a Who groupie for 20
years...traveled with them and went to the parties after the shows.  Don't get
me wrong, one of the reasons I love The Who is for their great lyrics...but
believe me they didn't write them to be dissected and analyzed...if you do
that the whole essence of the funloving, spontaneous, energizing Who is
spoiled.
As an artist,  I can appreciate critiquing an artist's work but I feel we can
sometimes go overboard looking for underlying messages.
Anyway, lets talk about  more meaningful subjects like statements I hear on TV
saying that  Mick Jagger is the leader of the greatest rock and roll band in
the world.  I wish Pete had more of a competitive spirit!!!!!
Long, Live The oooo!!!!
Denise