Who in February/Psychoderelict/Clinton

Brian Cady wrote:
> February 1979 (20 Years Ago)
>
> On the 6th, "Tommy" opens as a musical in London's West End.  It is based on the
> screenplay for the film version.  The actor playing Tommy is an obvious
> Roger-clone.  It receives mediocre-to-bad reviews and closes after a short run.

I saw that show in a preview performance, and for a Who  fan it was okay. The West End version of Jesus Christ Superstar had a more kickass band, though. But beating  them both was seeing the Rocky Horror Show in its original stage venue. I still have the t-shirt I bought at the Tommy show. Funny how it seems to have shrunk over those 20 years, even though it's stashed away in a trunk.

Mark R. Leamon wrote about Psychoderelict music only version:

I've got it, and like it much better than the dialogue version. I don't
know if it's in print, but the other isn't. I have it here, should anyone
be looking for it just let me know. I'll give you a good price. Also Who &
related:
TOMMY soundtrack, Daltrey: UARM & A CELEBRATION.

I bought the dialogue version from Mark when visiting Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago, and he did indeed give me a good price on it.

I disagree with Mark on the Clinton stuff, however. While I don't want him convicted and removed from office, I'm glad he was impeached because that legacy will remain with him throughout history. Yes, the people who want him out are bad people, some of them criminally bad. However, I'm not happy that a 16-year-old boy is in charge of running our country, because IMHO, Clinton is acting exactly like a horny teenager who cannot control himself. When I was one myself, I could only cause harm to a small circle of people. Clinton can do a whole lotta bad to a whole lotta people.

Dave