Re: Listening to You

Not true. Pete alwas said that "See Me Feel Me...Listening to You" was a
prayer (Just as he said "Love, Reign O'er Me" was).

Mook

Alan wrote:
>Wow...I too have been listening to Tommy for the better part of three
>decades and interpret the end as saying that Tommy, hurt by the
rejection
>of the would-be followers he tried to help, recoils back into himself
("See
>me feel me..."), but does not revert to deaf/dumb/blindness, instead
>carrying on with normal senses but realizing that he himself is all he
has
>to rely on ("Listening to You" being addressed to himself).
This is pretty cool.  I always maintained that for the self-enlightened,
change every reference to "God", "Father", "Jesus", etc. to "I", "Me",
"My"
in the Bible, and it all works and makes sense.   What Pete is saying
here is
that we have to look into ourselves for strength, direction, and
validation.   I believe he was/is correct, IMHO.Joe