repost-tonight's show review

>Tonight's show was FAR superior in sonic and
performance terms to last night's.

Pete had apparently been on the Contac 400
(proprietary non-prescription cold/flu medication).
The concert was being professionally recorded by a
mobile sound truck. Whatever the reason - this was a
tremendous show. Every single member seemed to have
moved up a gear, and then further into overdrive.

All electric PT tonight, only Roger played J-200 acoustic
on a few songs.

Very probably the best version of Naked Eye in recent times,
they added The Real Me also.

Some other differences from last night's set e.g. MAWTSH in,
ATF out....set list to follow in next post.

Celeb watch - we met Jon Astley and Bob Pridden while they
were crossing the line to get to the stage door. We asked how the
BBC disk sounded, and if it would definitely be out on 14th Feb,
'Fine' and 'Yes'. We asked Bobby if the problematic Hiwatt amp was
fixed now. 'Yes, but just in case we have a spare half stack ready to
replace it...' - good man.

Noel Gallagher was sitting just below us, as was Jerry Hall - there
were
others but this is a Who list, not OK/Hello magazine! Noel seemed
quite animated all night, much slapping of thigh - it is pantomime
season,
after all.