Who Else?

Happy, I am, that we are no longer (for the moment) contemplating "Who's
worst" lists, I am unfortunately lacking in 3 clear favorites.  They change
with the minutes!  WAY, WGFA, Baba, All of LAL, etc.
For the Moment: How about "Go to the Mirror, Boy"? I love the groove, and
the cheesy sounding glass breakage that marks the turning point in Tommy.
But I still find myself cueing up less radio-friendly pieces from "By
Numbers" and "Who Are You" (Blue, Red, and Grey,  Slip Kid, Trick of the
Light....) Might as well admit I love Eminance Front, too!
As for other favorites, I can chime in with the suggestions of Miles Davis,
the Dead (of course!), Mozart, the Beatles, Beach Boys,Kinks, CCR, Beck(I
can't say why, but there's something there), Blur, and the Stones. Not
mentioned, but oft played ('round here anyway) are Gram Parsons, Spirit, and
Ella Fitzgerald.
And for the (many) others who put in their 2 cents worth on the relative
weakness (to be kind) of the "Who's Last" release: I saw them in Los Angeles
on that tour and felt the recording missed the whole feel of the show I saw.
The "Magic Bus", if nothing else, was other-worldly!  Maybe it was the
mushrooms......
While we're wandering, what groups do you think have influenced PT and the
Who along the way? While the introspective nature of much of PT's work is
undeniable, I wonder what parallels others may have drawn to other artists,
lyrical or musical.
Cory