Pete message on Who reunions

For those of you without access to Pete's BBS, here's Pete's response today
to fans talking about another farewell tour.

- Brian in Atlanta

So Pete, you want the absolute truth do you?
No more of these silly shilly-shallyings? Well the truth is that up
until about three months ago, The Who did not exist. Reunions or not,
they were creatively finished. Now they exist and there is some creative
promise. Are you happy or sad? I'm happy. I hope you are too. I'm really
grateful for those (like you?) who supported me when I religiously hung
onto the notion that I could never work with The Who again because I
could not write for Roger. At the time, I meant it. Things change. I am
not in this for the money, I swear it. I am doing it out of love,
friendship and because in think I'm really going to enjoy it. If it
fails, so be it. Please don't then accuse me of being weak, a liar, or
whatever. I'm just trying to do what is right for everyone. I'm going to
TRY. That's all.

Pete.