RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #296

> Whoa.  Pete's gone symphonic.
> keets
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Whoa is right!  My initial interest in the who
was due to wanting more complex music.  I've always felt that the ability of
a full orchestra to create emotion is hard to beat, even by rock.  That is
until I heard Tommy.  I've played in many quality orchestras (no, not the
london philharmonic or like that-----lets keep it real), even though my real
love is the driving complexity and rock of The who.  I was about to burst
yesterday when I heard classical Baba (kettle drums and all) at the
beginning (middle and end) of LH.  Talk about power!!! It was like saying
"we have arrived".  "This is what it has all been about, so now follow us!!"
I found it to be quite emotional.  I was very proud to be a who fan.

> My first impression is that the radio play format doesn't
> come across quite as profoundly as all music, or nearly all music versions
>
> that are open to deeper and broader interpretations.  The script nails it
> down too clearly.  I'd like to hear a rock opera version that tells the
> same
> story with just music.
> keets
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  It was an interesting format, kind of fun like a
kick back to the late 40's.  Hmmm, just strikes me, maybe that is why Pete
did it that way!?  It makes sense!!  If so, he did achieve his goal.  There
we all were, just like post war times, all huddled around our radios (and
computers--90's twist) listening to a story. Each of us listening to
Lifehouse come to life in our own minds.  We all have a visual impression
now of Lifehouse from our imaginations. Way cool!!  But your right, looking
forward to a rock opera version.  The potential is frightening!!
	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin