Lifehouse

Okay, so that's about dreams and music and Pete's marriage.  I had a hard
time following the dialog, expecially the boy, so I've likely missed a lot
of what went on.  Is the full script in the book that the UK people are
reporting, BTW?  There's still several hours of unused material in the
different incarnations of this piece, meaning that Pete could write
plays/musicals around the subject matter for some time--variations on
LIFEHOUSE themes, maybe?  This piece was very personal, like PSYCHOD, and
now I can see why Pete has done it all himself rather than with ED.

There were credits at the end that called this LIFEHOUSE, adapted for radio
by...which seems to indicate there might be other versions of it, like
PSYCHOD, where there's a radio play version and an all music version that
has more songs.  My first impression is that the radio play format doesn't
come across quite as profoundly as all music, or nearly all music versions
that are open to deeper and broader interpretations.  The script nails it
down too clearly.  I'd like to hear a rock opera version that tells the same
story with just music.

My first impression is that it isn't as smooth as PSYCHOD, maybe because
Pete has adapted the old songs to a new storyline, or maybe because the
script is so prominent.  The script in PSYCHOD seemed more an integral part
of the material, and the music was all in the same style, while the
variations here didn't seem to contribute as well to the mood/feel of the
piece.  This was pretty scary, BTW, and it certainly spoke to me.

keets