Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #294

RE:

let people think Nirvana wrote the opening lines of "Territorial Pissings."
Those lyrics are from "Come Together" by the Youngbloods, also more recently
covered by the Indigo Girls. <<<<<

At ease, folks. I assumed we all recognized the opening line was from the
Youngbloods (and subsequently covered by many, many others). I never, ever
said that the first line was written by Cobain. The rest of the Nirvana song
was what I was referring to, in my message. The person who originally posted
couldn't remember the name of the Nirvana song so I merely provided the
title. It was an appropriate song to quote for what was going on at that
time in Who-Cyberspace. Plus, few people seem to realise that Nirvana
'responded' to a Who song and I thought it was of interest...Jeeeze. Tough
room! :-)