Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #293

> >his
> > > "commission" is a personal
> > > acceptance of a responsibility to write songs about his generation,
>and,
> > > through his genious, to write about
> > > our generation as well.  God bless the crazy bastard !!!!!
> > >

> > > - - SCHRADE in Akron

Well said Schrade - as usual. In all this recent blether about the various
lists, it should be pointed out that there are several people on both this
list and O+S who actually CARE about The Who, PT, and the music. Frankly, so
much of the rest of the itching and bitching has been depressing and
disheartening to have to wade through - especially coming as it has at a
time when the bloody greatest band EVER are functioning once again - and
Pete's up and at it.

I had intended (with a VERY weary soul) to refer to the White Sodding Fang
tosh - but as ever Pete himself stepped in and put into words far better
than any I would have chosen, my own gut feelings on the matter.

Does PT need a commission??? Only to help us poor inarticulate sods find a
way of expressing the emotions lurking deep within us. For me - he's
consistently delivered the goods. And the very best - the most telling - WAY
he's done that has been via The Who. His own material (esp "Chinese Eyes"
and his live shows) can transport me and re-invigorate me like no other
music can. But then there's The Who. Always.

And as ever - thanks Brian, for being a wise bloke, who HELPS - rather than
wanting to SHOW OFF. Love to all.

My tuppence (or thruppence) worth from Blighty.

Simon in Liverpool.