Re: The Townshend conspiracy

> here already belong to both lists, some of which I'd consider the "heavy
> hitters."

Keets:

We definitely have heavy hitters here!

> > > Someone suggested perhaps planning some sort of a forum for the
members
> >of this mailing list to try to change this.  Perhaps we need to
seriously
> >consider this idea, maybe have a few willing fantastic who fans in
charge
> >of setting something up.

Ah, so this is the source of the "conspiracy." A suggestion that something
is done. No, that's no conspiracy. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and
this is certainly a valid one IMHO.

> Pete/Matt started with that because it's easier to control.  Let Matt
handle
> it.

Although I have yet to read but one note on the PT list, I agree with you
here. No censoring should be done by members. If on the other hand the
person who sets up a forum wants to focus or shape it, that's another
matter. Anyone who doesn't like that can go elsewhere or accept it.

> Thanks to everyone who replied to me personally, i really appreciate the
> acknowledgement that Im being heard.

Nick:

Everyone is being heard, even if not acknowledged.

> I don't think the Kinks can count.  They were contemporaries if ever the
term applied; I mean, Shel Talmy had
> them doing the same songs, for Pete's sake. :-)

Wes:

Yes, and had Jimmy Page "involved" in the sessions as often as he could.
Oh, and I agree with you on this.

> I have no complaints on the lyrics.......IMO, just was my least favorite
tune
> on Who's Next and it didn't go over very well live either.

Fair enough...I do like it and was extremely pleased with the live version
from the `82 tour. But you are certainly entitled to like it least.

> >     There is an interesting little conspiracy which is occuring on
> > Paul's List at igtc (aka, "kiddie-list.").

OK, so Sean and I had an EMail exchange on this, and only my note has
appeared on the digest thus far even though they were both Cc'ed to the
list. My guess (and my hope) is that it's a glitch much like the many times
Derick "lost" the list, but I am taking this opportunity to inform Paul
that Sean's notes are NOT being included. I'd like to be proven correct
that it's not intentional.

       Cheers                  ML

If you own a CD player, you need to check out our website:

http://www.generations.theshoppe.com/