Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #290

In a message dated 12/1/99 12:02:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Oshangrl@aol.com writes:

<<  The Who doing a
 ballad is like going to a restaurant that specializes in fish and ordering
 steak.

Pete, like any of his musical peers( the glimmer twins,
lennon-mccartney,etc.)in the sixties, were and are capable of writing
different types of music (hard rockers and ballads) IMHO, the thing I find
the most appealing about the Who is that they can change emotions at the tip
of a hat.
P.S.     The album Who came first is mostly ballads and people seem to accept
the album. That album makes me feel so warm inside when i put it
on.(especially Pure and Easy)