Re: Chicago Whofest

At 07:18 AM 08/27/99, jeff davis wrote:
>  In regards to the fellow midwestern Who fans discussing a Chicago fest:
>   Maybe we should plan to get together in conjunction with the rumored
>appearance at the Chicago House of Blues? Word is Pete (and possibly John
>and Roger?) will (may?) be playing on November 19th, a Friday on my
>calender...

Seems like a rather short notice but it is doable I guess.  One school of
thought would be though that making it 2 different events(a Midwest Whofest
and the HOB show) would give folks the opportunity to have more Who related
fun.

>   If so, tickets will be outrageously expensive but i still am going (even
>if i have to beat the doorman with a guitar). Since i suspect more than a
>few of us will be in town anyway, why don't we plan a meeting on Saturday
>afternoon/night (the following day)?

That actually sounds like an excellent idea. Not as the midwest Whofest but
just as a get together.

>   For those of us who can't afford or can't get tickets, it would be a
>consilation at least to discuss the show with fellow fans who did get in...

and hopefully listen to a boot of the show, eh? ;-}

>and a good chance to meet face to face also.

I plan on trying to go to the show (been successful the past 2 years) but
given the rumoured non-availability of tickets and the price that is being
bandied about it might be beyond my reach this year so some consolation
would definately be needed.

>   i live in Wisconsin, not Chicago... can anyone there suggest a good
>meeting place, preferably a bar&grill or landmark near the House of Blues?

Near the HOB IMO would actually not be good if we're talking the next
night.  The downtown area is very expensive and difficult for parking and
if I'd been down there the day before I certainly would want to avoid going
back.  I would suggest out towards the airport area since if people are
flying in for the show they might be staying out that way and those of us
driving would appreciate the ease of getting there more...we have a pretty
good Who cover band that is likely to be playing that night (though WHERE I
couldn't say) that might be a fun thing to do (though maybe not if we'd
just seen the real thing the night before)...oh I don't know..I'm cranky
today so feel free to ignore my ramblings.

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger/index.html